When Smith Bros. opened for business in 1952, Lindy and Chester Smith sold Sunoco fuel from two pumps for less than thirty cents a gallon, offered a lube service, and washed cars. In 1954, the brothers became the first in the area to offer towing service, aided by an old, hand-cranked Dodge tow truck.
Over fifty years later, Smith Bros. still serves Southern York County. Though the two gas pumps have turned into ten, and the old Dodge has been replaced by a fleet of tow and repair trucks, the Smiths still own and operate the business and Sunoco fuel still flows through its pumps.
Smith Bros. Garage, Inc.
Shrewsbury, PA 17361
Mon - Fri: 8 - noon, 1-5 pm
Sat: 7:30 - 11:00 am
(open 2nd & 4th Sat of each month)